Acceptable attachments: PDF, TXT, JPG, PNG, TIFF.
1. Tobago only has 6% of the total area and 4% of the total population of this dual-island nation.
2. Trinidad was named by Christopher Columbus on his third voyage to the New World in 1498.
3. Trinidad and Tobago is one of the most important leatherback nesting sites.
4. Tobago got its name because it resembles a tobacco pipe (tavaco) used by local natives.
6. The Pitch Lake in South Trinidad is the largest natural deposit of asphalt in the world.
7. Trinidad and Tobago Carnival has been consistently ranked as one of the top ten Carnival celebrations in the world
8. The Steelpan: The only new acoustic instrument to be invented and accepted worldwide in the 20th century originated in Trinidad and Tobago.
The above basic information was quoted from: https://artofscubadiving.com/interesting-facts-about-trinidad-and-tobago/